Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A yearly review

So every year several people in our spiritual group do every year.


1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?

Nothing that I can think of this really was a maintenance year.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?:

According to my Journal I was going to do the following:

1. Connect and socialize outside of the house – I not sure how I did on this one

2. Live healthier - I want to be under 200lbs and feel good about it. – Failed misribly on this one

For this year:

1. Become healthier

2. To work towards my dream career

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Not anyone who is currently close.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No

5. What countries did you visit?

No travel this year

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

A healthier life – same as last year

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Nothing really memorable.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

No real achievements

9. What was your biggest failure?

Spending the past year just maintaining

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

A general unhealthyness

11. What was the best thing someone bought you?

My I-pod Nano

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

Many people both personally and on a global perspective.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

See number 12

14. Where did most of your money go?

Bills and more bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Nothing really

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

Nothing sticks out in my mind.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) Happier or sadder?

Pretty neutral

b) Thinner or fatter?

Regrettably Fatter

c) Richer or poorer?

About the same or a little poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Taken care of myself

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Coasted

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With Heather and Betty P and Nathan.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

No, but I am still in love from previous years

22. How many one night stands?

None - I am not looking.

23. What was your favourite TV program?

More interested in listening to Podcasts

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No one has taken that much of my energy.

25. What was the best book you read?

Rereading the Kurshiel trilogy.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Rockband

27. What did you want and get?

A better I-pod

28. What did you want and not get?

A healthier life, but that is my own responsibility

29. What was your favourite film of this year?

Ma Mia – It was a lot of fun and just the right amount of campiness

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I don’t remember. I was 39

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I don’t know – but I think not having another year like this would be a good start

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?:

I would say my fashion concept was practical

33. What kept you sane?

I never said I was sane.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

None really stood out.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?

The election in Canada and the one in the US

36. Who did you miss?

Me

37. Who was the best new person you met?

Liam

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:

Again just doing that coasting thing

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Nothing comes to mind

No comments: